[libvirt] patch option needs clarification

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Oct 22 20:32:52 UTC 2012

On 10/22/2012 04:25 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 03:59 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>
>> Oops.  But then I am not sure how to do it.  The new code changes
>> "everything."
>>
>> If you want, I can go back and remove it ... make yet-another-patch on
>> top of the one one to way to the list which removes interface= from
>> the conf-file and then submit a third patch which puts it back in.
> I think we're crossing wires. This is what patches I think should be sent:
>
> 1) a patch to add --interface to the commandline
>
> 2) a patch to switch from using the "long commandline" to using a conf
> file (which will still put the equivalent of --interface=xxx into the
> conf file).
>
> Isn't that what you already have?

Ah, I just saw that you've already sent the patch, and it *wasn't* on
top of the patch that adds --interface. An alternate path would be to
have the "switch to conf file" patch first (but *not* adding the
--interface option), then remaking that patch to only add to the conf
file (ie to be applied *after* this patch). Either way, we need to have
them in two separate patches.