[libvirt] Patch replaces scriptlets with new systemd macros

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Wed Oct 24 17:50:23 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 01:16 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 08:29 AM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 12:37:51PM +0200, Václav Pavlín wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I created patch for spec file to follow changes in guidelines with
>>> respect to new systemd macros (see
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Systemd)
>> What Fedora release are these macros available since ? The libvirt
>> RPM spec needs to support systemd in Fedora >= 17.
> Reading the link, it looks like the scriptlets are only available in F18
> and later; thus, we have to stick to the older longhand version for at
> least another year (that is, until F17 goes obsolete).

Possibly longer, if we want to continue to be able to do rpm builds on
RHEL6 and CentOS6. (And in case you're considering asking, I think we'd
all rather have the Fedora versions of the specfile be exact copies of
the upstream specfile, as maintenance would otherwise be a major pain)

or - is it possible to have these pieces only conditionally take effect
based on %{?rhel} and %{?fedora}. I'm not familiar enough with specfile
syntax to know if that's a possibility.

(BTW, your patch appears to be made against the libvirt.spec that's in
one of the branches of fedora-git for the libvirt package. Patches sent
to libvir-list should be made against the files in the upstream git
repo, which is at git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git)