[libvirt] Patch replaces scriptlets with new systemd macros

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 16:41:36 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 04:10 AM, Václav Pavlín wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> sorry, I didn't realize I have to modify upstream version.

No problem; we can probably figure out how to modify the upstream
version based on your patch to downstream, if it comes to that, and if
we decide that the modifications even make sense.  Right now, our
biggest concern is that using the new scriptlets will break the use of
the same spec file when building for F17, so that concern needs to be
addressed before we can accept your patch.

> I added Requires stanza to libvirtd service file for cgconfig.service,
> so you should not need to call enable in spec file for it.

That sounds independently useful, and probably worth applying even while
debating about the scriptlets.

> I added %with_systemd_macros so it should now work in F17 with old
> scriptlets and in F18+/RHEL7+ with systemd macros

Ah, then maybe you did answer the big question.  Except that I don't see
the updated patch - did you forget to attach it?