[libvirt] libxl driver doesn't build with xen 4.2

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Mon Oct 29 15:39:55 UTC 2012

Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 10/26/2012 10:03 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> The libvirt libxl driver doesn't build with xen 4.2. There was a small thread
>> about it on fedora's virt list:
>>
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2012-October/003446.html
>>
>> I saw that you had a few xen 4.2 patches land recently, and I'm just curious
>> if you were aware of the libxl issues/possibly had any patches brewing.
>> Currently in fedora we've disabled building the libxl driver so the xen guys
>> can pull in their latest bits.

Yes, I've disabled the libxl driver in openSUSE Factory as well, where
we have Xen 4.2.

> Sounds like someone else at least is trying to fix the issues as well:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xen/2012-October/005923.html

That was a thread asking me about the status of the libvirt libxl driver
for Xen 4.2 :).  Ondrej is working on some libxl driver patches to
support Xen 4.2.  But that thread has brought up an interesting
conversation on whether it is desirable to support the libxl in Xen 4.1
at all.  I'll respond to the latest message in that thread and cc
libvirt list so the libvirt community can chime in.

Regards,
Jim