[libvirt] Heads up 0.10.1 release on Friday

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Mon Sep 3 06:37:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 02:36:07PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 08:44:57PM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:19:42PM +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >   I was a bit afraid of the .0 effect on release name, but we really
> > > have a number of problem with 0.10.0 that ought to be fixed in a
> > > "brown paper bag" release. I would urge people to report and try to
> > > fix the problem being raised in 0.10.0, let's try to get them fixed
> > > today or tomorrow and I will cut a new release on Friday,
> > >
> > >   Sorry about that, but somehow we didn't managed to catch even serious
> > > problem during the freeze, at some point we need to fix the problem of
> > > testing the code that we push on git on a daily basis, we have many
> > > tools but we lack at doing the continuous testing :-\
> >
> > Would setting up Jenkins to trigger libvirt-tck either on commit or
> > nightly help?
>
>  Definitely !!!
>
> > I could try to find some free time to do this.
>
>  To be honnest i was thinking for months of doing something like that
> but i don't have a good infrastructure. Where would Jenkins run ?
> what kind of hardware set would be needed etc ?

It'd start simple with a single VM running jenkins and the builds:

    http://honk.sigxcpu.org:8001

We can then add build slaves for other distros and operating systems step
by step. For the moment I have enough resources here. The above
currently only does make, make check and make syntax-check. I'll try to
add libvirt-tck during the next days. There's also some duning to be
done.
Cheers,
 -- Guido