[libvirt] None seclabel question

Marcelo Cerri mhcerri at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Sep 3 15:57:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was discussing with Jiri Denemark about the current behavior of none
seclabels with multiple security drivers and I'd like to hear more
opinions about how this should work.

Currently, a none security label can be defined specifically to each
enabled security driver. For example, using a default configuration (in
which SELinux is enabled as default driver and DAC is enabled due to
privileged mode), a guest definition can contain the following seclabel:

     <seclabel type='none' model='selinux'/>

This will disable SELinux labeling and will keep labeling enabled for
any other security drivers (DAC in this case).

So, my question is: should none seclabels affect specific drivers (as
done now) or just one none seclabel should be accepted affecting all
security drivers in use?

Regards,
Marcelo