[libvirt] about open vswitch supporting?

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Sep 4 15:00:37 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 02:20 AM, yue wang wrote:
> it seems the  'generic ethernet connection' network doesn't have the
> 'virtualport ' element, so there is no way to associate it with an
> interface's uuid.
> are there any workaround?

See the other reply I just sent (I thought I'd typed it up yesterday,
but forgot to hit send). You shouldn't be using the "generic ethernet
connection" type for either standard linux bridges or Open vSwitch
bridges (unless you are using Open vSwitch *and* your libvirt is older
than 0.9.11, and in that case there is no "type='openvswitch'" for
<virtualport> anyway).