[libvirt] patch for dnsmasq parameters is not complete

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Tue Sep 4 19:13:55 UTC 2012

Although the patch with "--domain xxx --local=/xxx/" for dnsmasq command
line parameters is good as far as it goes, it is not complete.  As it
is, dnsmasq will no longer forward names in its name-domain, but it will
forward reverse lookup (IP address) queries.

I am going to need to look at the code more.

Instead of "--domain virt --local=/virt/" or just "--local=//"

they need to look something like:

"--domain virt --local=/virt/ --local=/122.168.192.in-addr.arpa/"
or
"--local=// --local=/122.168.192.in-addr.arpa/".

I have dome some virtual testing and manually configured dnsmasq in a
virtual machine and adding the second "--local" works rather well.
Coming up with a new patch that works, that will take a lot more effort.

Gene