[libvirt] need help/clarification about git and patches.

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Sep 6 15:59:10 UTC 2012

Using git is more than a little different way of doing business for me.
My usual way to create and apply a patch is to rebuild a src.rpm.  This
way I have a lot less changes of screwing something up because of ignorance.

It it a little while but I finally cloned a copy of libvirt.git.  I
applied a patch to remove the "--filterwin2k" [one fixup because a test
file changed slightly.  I then ran "git diff" and produce a new patch.

OK, now what?  I did the "git commit" and then tried to do the "git
send-email" like it says in your "hacking" document ...
    "git: 'send-email' is not a git command.

I am going to do what I believe is the right thing to do and submit the
patch but there needs to be a bit more info as to how we should do things.

Gene