[libvirt] [libvirt-java] Upload 0.4.8 to central Maven repository

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 14:38:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 04:01:55PM +0200, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 09/13/2012 02:19 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
[...]
> >>Come to think of it, a 0.4.9 release under MIT would however be
> >>preferable for CloudStack 4.0.
> >
> >   Okay, you get it, it's out, can you check maven is working,
> >I had to do everything "by hand" as any attempt to fix the maven
> >rules in build.xml, use the scp, download jar which  it tries to
> >do all fail for various reasons. So manual edit of XMLs, of directories,
> >checksup of files ... if it works first time it's a miracle.
> >   So if you have knowledge of how a maven target rule should now
> >be done (yes i fetched maven-ant-tasks package for my system)
> >

> Thanks! It seems however that this libvirt-java release was build
> with Java 1.7 and that doesn't work under Java 1.6 which is being
> used in RHEL 6 and Ubuntu 12.04:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> org/libvirt/LibvirtException : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>
> Could you rebuild with Java 1.6?

  yes but would that be a new release. Also the problem is that
I build on Fedora 17, On RHEL-6 I have a bare minimal environment
where I won't get anything for maven, and ant setup is rather minimal
(after checking though i can probably get those from epel)

> Also, the central Maven repo didn't pick up the change. It's still
> stuck at 0.4.7

  Okay let's see in separate mail

[...]
> I gave it a try on my system and it works when I use this URL for
> the maven-ant-tasks JAR: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.1.3/maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.jar
>
> Obviously I couldn't try the scp to libvirt.org, but I noticed

  Well maybe that something we could fix, a co-maintainer would be
welcome !

> however that "scp.username" has already been set in build.properties
> while the build.xml also tries to query for it:
>
> [input] skipping input as property scp.username has already been set.
>
> While I had the "scp" part commented out I uncommented it and gave
> it a try to a local machine, I ran into the same issue. A bit of
> searching brought me to this on my Ubuntu machine:
>
> $ cd /usr/share/ant/lib
> $ ln -s ../../java/jsch.jar
>
> I pushed a fix for both build.xml and build.properties to
> https://github.com/wido/libvirt-java/tree/maven
>
> You might want to pull it.

  Okay, applied and pushed with end of line blanks fixups :-)
Let's continue this on top of your second mail !