[libvirt] libvirt qemu-kvm installation into custom directories

Onkar N Mahajan kernzap at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:38:38 UTC 2012

I am configuring upstream libvirt, qemu-kvm for development
purpose in non-default directories. I want my upstream libvirt
installation to use upstream qemu-kvm (and not the qemu-kvm supplied
by the distro). How can I make libvirt to use this qemu-kvm
for guest installations ? The Host contains other libvirt/qemu-kvm
supplied by-default by the distro which I am not running but which
I *do not* want to disturb. Please give me some pointers as to to do
this.

-- Onkar