[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 1/4] config: Implement gvir_config_domain_graphics_spice_set_listen

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 13:18:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 03:04:47PM +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 25.09.2012 14:47, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > It seems it's not necessarily an IP address but this can be a hostname if
> > the .rng is to be trusted. I had in the back of my mind the possibility of
> > adding _set_listen_address which accepts a GInetAddress or something like
> > that (just vague thoughts, I don't have a clear idea about that ;). So
> > maybe _set_listen_str would work to avoid the ambiguity? Though as I write
> > this mail, this looks weird too...
>
> what about
>
> _listen_address(GVirConfigDomainGraphicsSpice *, const char *addr);
>
> with @addr being either IP or hostname (in fact anything that is acceptable for libvirt)?

I had kind of reserved this name for an API taking a GInetSocketAddress or
GInetAddress argument (
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GInetSocketAddress.html
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GInetAddress.html ), but as they only
wrap an IP address and not a hostname, this might not be a very useful API.
So why not on the _listen_address name. Daniel, any thoughts on that? ;)

Christophe