[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 1/4] config: Implement gvir_config_domain_graphics_spice_set_listen

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 14:32:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 02:47:30PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 02:07:39PM +0200, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > libvirt supports listen on IP address or a network and I think we need
> > to distinguish these.
>
> As I understand it, to listen on an IP address or a network, you'd use a
> <listen> child node to the <graphics> node. This patch sets the 'listen'
> attribute on the <graphics> node, which is only about listening on an IP
> address if I didn't miss anything (?).
>
> <listen> nodes would be handled in a separate class, but there could
> indeed be an ambiguity between a setter for an object of this type, and
> this API.

I wonder if we should simply not expose an API for the listen= attribute
at all. Only have APIs for reading/writing the <listen> elements, and
then for the first <listen> element propagate writes to the listen=
attribute when applicable. Likewise if no <listen> element is found
when parsing, auto-create one based on the listen= attribute.

IOW, I don't think applications should need to care about the listen=
attribute at all.