[libvirt] the libnl3-devel problem

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Sun Sep 30 17:08:26 UTC 2012

Is the libnl3-devel problem where, if it is installed, libvirt will
build using libnl3 but, on F17, netcf is still using libnl and the
result is ... not pretty.

If someone believes this is fixed in 0.10.2, they are in error.

Question:  Just how hard would be be to get netcf rebuilt and using libnl3?

It is just that I keep getting bit in the rear end by this problem ...
current NetworkManager requires libnl3-devel to build but, if you then
build libvirt without removing libnl3-devel, everything looks good but
it is not.

You would think that I would remember from the last time I went around
with this problem ... but id did not

Gene