[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Release of libvirt-1.0.4

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 17:23:17 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013, at 11:02 AM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
<snip>
> Works on 10.8 as well.
>
> [ruben at odin ~]$ brew install libvirt
> ==> Installing libvirt dependency: cmake
>
> Huh, I know it's April 1st, but did we just switch away from autotools? ;-)
>
> Unrelated, but Justin, I noticed that your homebrew formula builds libvirt --without-qemu,
> qemu is in homebrew too, and works reasonably well on OSX. I'd love to try it with libvirt.

That's good news. :)

I'd really like to hear how it goes with libvirt.  If you edit
the libvirt formula so that "--without-qemu" is "--with-qemu":

  /usr/local/Library/Formula/libvirt.rb

Then install it again (after brew install qemu), it *might*
just work.  Hopefully. :)

Maybe a 30% success chance, but worth a shot?

If it does work, then updating the formula for everyone is fairly
trivial.  If it doesn't... well, lets see if it comes to that.

Ok to give it a shot?

:)

+ Justin

--