[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Release of libvirt-1.0.4

Jason Helfman jgh at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 1 23:47:18 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/04/2013, at 6:42 PM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> <snip>
> > Hey Justin,
> >
> > Just tried that, but it has no effect, probably due to:
> >
> > if test $with_osx = yes; then
> >    with_qemu=no
> > fi
> >
> > in configure.ac
> >
> > I tried to build the latest libvirt HEAD from source, but I'm bumping
> into an (unrelated) failure:
> >
> > Making all in src
> >   GEN      lxc/lxc_monitor_dispatch.h
> >   GEN      lxc/lxc_controller_dispatch.h
> >   GEN      remote/remote_protocol.h
> >     unsigned hyper cpu_time;
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > remote/remote_protocol.x, line 338: expected ';'
> > cannot shutdown /usr/bin/rpcgen:  at ./rpc/genprotocol.pl line 124.
> > make[2]: *** [remote/remote_protocol.h] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Ouch.  It looks like something is causing the LXC building code to
> be run, even on OSX where there's no chance it would work. :(
>
> For good measure, I just tried it with the 1.0.4 tarball and had
> the same problem (when enabling qemu after modifying configure).
>
> Someone (not me) would have to investigate why the LXC stuff is
> trying to compile.  It's probably just something in the configure.ac
> or maybe some ifdef statements needed in the right places in the
> code. (no idea)
>
> Don't suppose that's your kind of thing? :)
>
> + Justin

Didn't have an issue with this in FreeBSD Sandbox build environment.

qemu is enabled in this build. See buildlogs for more details. Please
ignore 10 builds.

https://redports.org/buildarchive/20130401223700-43587/

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh at FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve