[libvirt] language bindings

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 15:08:54 UTC 2013

On 04/04/2013 08:47 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hello. I'm newbie in libvirt world and not able to find answer for my
> question in google.
> If i want to create binding for some language (for example go) is that
> possible do not use libvirt C library and talk to libvirtd via some
> rpc protocol? For example json or internal binary..
> is that possible to talk to libvirtd not using C library?

It would be possible to bind RPC calls for remote interfaces, but that
would limit the scope of what your bindings can do.  That is, you would
be able to control stateful URIs like qemu:/// and lxc:/// but not
stateless URIs like esx:///.

All of the existing language bindings are built on top of the C
interface in libvirt.so, for a reason.