[libvirt] 1.4.0 memballoon bug?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 5 19:22:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

When I run

virsh -c qemu:///system domxml-to-native qemu-argv /tmp/qatest.xml

from 1.4.0 with the qatest.xml below (which has no memballoon
device specified), I get an 'unspecified error'.  Some printf
debugging shows that virDomainDefParseXML is automatically
adding a virtio memballoon device, but that its
memballoon->info.type is 0, not the 1 or 8 which is required at
qemuBuildMemballoonDevStr().

This didn't happen at 1.2.0, but I'm not sure where the
error was introduced, as I don't see any suspicious changes around
any of the relevant functions.  So I was hoping to send a patch,
but for now I'm just asking for help :)  Anyone know what might
be going on?

thanks,
-serge