[libvirt] RFC: dhcp <option> element revisited

Pieter Hollants pieter at hollants.com
Sat Apr 6 21:47:28 UTC 2013

Am 14.03.2013 20:36, schrieb Laine Stump:
> After 9 days and no replies (except a short conversation with DV on
> IRC), I guess it's time to take some good ol' 'Murican unilateral action :-)

Sorry, I didn't have time to come back to this topic earlier, although I
actually ACKed your idea on IRC, too ;)

[A lot of good ideas left out]

> d) I think we do need a whitelist, and we should minimally populate it
> to begin with, using a table as I described in the earlier mail:
>

>>    uint8 code;
>>    const char *name;   /* could be "", in which case we don't recognize a
>> name for it */
>>    unsigned int flags; /* whether or not multiple values are allowed,
>> name recognized by dnsmasq */
>>    /* some representation of type here */

Yes, but as dnsmasq doesn't have names for the private space (options
224 - 254) please also add names for these as well. This should probably
go along with a patch to Simon for inclusion of the same names in
dnsmasq as well.

--
Pieter Hollants <pieter at hollants.com>