[libvirt] getgroups failure [was: Entering freeze for libvirt-1.0.5]

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 11:03:34 UTC 2013

[adding bug-gnulib]

On 04/26/2013 02:33 AM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> This passed my own small usage tests, but please give it a try.
>> As usual some feedback on portability issues are really welcome too :-)
>>

> It compiles on OSX 10.8
>
> make check:
>
> 1 of 202 tests failed
> (10 tests were not run)
> Please report to libvir-list at redhat.com

That sounds like the tail of the gnulib section of tests, but you
snipped too much output.  We need to know WHICH test is failing, and
whether it is a known upstream gnulib bug; if it is fixed quickly in
gnulib, we can pull in a newer gnulib before the rc2 release of libvirt.

> This is a gnulib test:
> [ruben at odin ~/src/libvirt-1.0.5/gnulib/tests]$ ./test-getgroups
> test-getgroups.c:58: assertion failed
> Abort trap: 6

Oh, you did narrow in on the test.  I haven't seen any recent bug-gnulib
traffic that mentions this test failing on OSX, nor do I have easy
access to a machine to verify and clean it up myself.  Can you help
debug the issue?  One thing to look at is whether gnulib is declaring
the system getgroups() as working or not - what does 'grep GETGROUPS
config.status' report for you?  Also, it could just be an overly-strict
test.