[libvirt] [RFC] Usage about 'virsh vol-wipe vol_name'

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:21:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not very clear about the usage of ‘virsh vol-wipe vol_name’. I think
> if 'virsh vol-wipe vol_name' can just wipe all the datas in this volume and
> it is similar as we format a volume which the datas would be wiped, right?
> After this wipe, we can use this volume like a new one.

After i read the back-end storage drivers for libvirt, i cannot find any storage
driver like following

128     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_DIR,      /* Local directory */
129     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_FS,       /* Local filesystem */
130     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_NETFS,    /* Networked filesystem - eg NFS, GFS, etc */
131     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_LOGICAL,  /* Logical volume groups / volumes */
132     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_DISK,     /* Disk partitions */
133     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_ISCSI,    /* iSCSI targets */
134     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_SCSI,     /* SCSI HBA */
135     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_MPATH,    /* Multipath devices */
136     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_RBD,      /* RADOS Block Device */
137     VIR_STORAGE_POOL_SHEEPDOG, /* Sheepdog device */

has realized storageVolumeWipe feature. So how could we test this feature?

Could anyone please give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks
Harry Wei