[libvirt] QEMU/KVM support for non zero PCI domain

Charles Peri cperi at isi.edu
Fri Apr 12 21:00:01 UTC 2013

Hi,
  I am trying to run Virt-Manager, using KVM on a SGIUV100 system with RHEL 6.1. I am trying to enable PCI pass-thorugh for the Mellanox, but the PCI domain for the device is 0001.

0001:01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT26448 [ConnectX EN 10GigE, PCIe 2.0 5GT/s] (rev b0)
0001:02:00.0 InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT26428 [ConnectX VPI PCIe 2.0 5GT/s - IB QDR / 10GigE] (rev b0)

When I try to add the device, I get an error stating that "Can't assign device inside non- zero PCI segment, as this KVM module doesn't support it". Is there a version of KVM module that supports non zero PCI segment?

Sorry, if this is not the right email list to ask this question, I checked on the KVM IRC, but haven't got any answer.

Thanks,
    Charles