[libvirt] Google Summer of Code 2013 ideas wiki open

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 13:43:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not hugely comfortable with the idea of "capability support" being
> done by a student. IMHO to do a good job on that design-wise requires
> someone with a very good understanding of libvirt architecture & application
> needs.

I understand. However, i think our Libvirt is developing so we should give more
choices to learners who are very interested in some field of Libvirt.(Like me, i
love the storage system of Libvirt very much). Maybe this is the essence of
GSOC, isn't it? Actually, some student is not only interested in
Libvirt but also
 wanna to join this community and contribute to this community forever. (Like
me, i love the community because i can learn more knowledge from it.)
I believe that interest is the best teacher. No matter how the problem is
difficulty i will try my best to achieve it if  i am very interested
in it. Another
key point is that GSOC just let students join the community and finish easy
jobs firstly. GSOC wanna train more core developers for our community. If i
can finish a job a bit difficulty, i can also accomplish it after GSOC
continuously.
All in all, i think you should not worry about this matter ;-).

--
Thanks
Harry Wei