[libvirt] patch request

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 09:22:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 08:14:15AM +0200, Thierry Parmentelat wrote:
> Hi again
>
> Just making sure that I captured that one right
>
> Are you saying that the core of the problem (the python bindings)
> has been fixed after 1.0.4 was released ?
>
> Because I have built 1.0.4 as-is and this still exhibits the issue
> (global name 'virGetLastError' is not defined), so as far as I am
> concerned this workaround is still current for 1.0.4

I'm guessing you didn't correctly replace your existing version
of libvirt python bindings, because this is definitely fixed
with 'virGetLastError' being a part of the main & exception
reporting is working

>>> print libvirt.open("foo:///bar")
libvirt:  error : no connection driver available for foo:///bar
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "libvirt.py", line 236, in open
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpen() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: no connection driver available for foo:///bar
>>> print libvirt.virGetLastError()
(5, 0, 'no connection driver available for foo:///bar', 2, 'no connection driver available for %s', 'foo:///bar', None, -1, -1)