[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.0.5

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 14:11:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 04:02:51PM +0200, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> On 04/26/2013 10:09 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   So as discussed earlier this week, I have tagged the release candidate 1
> >of libvirt-1.0.5 in git and pushed the tarball and associated rpms to
> >the FTP at:
> >    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
> >
> >We may still push some of the patches needed by Laine to finish the
> >serie started yesterday, but at this point we should focuse our commits
> >on bug fixes and documentation. I will make an rc2 at the beginning of
> >next week and hopefully can push the final version on May 2nd.
> >
> >  This passed my own small usage tests, but please give it a try.
> >As usual some feedback on portability issues are really welcome too :-)
> Unfortunately I have to report that commit b33eb0dc seems to have
> broken s390.
> I cannot start guests anymore, error message is
> error: XML error: No PCI buses available
> Will look into it, but any help is welcome.

  Hum, the patch seems to add a big switch about def->os.arch
in qemuDomainDefPostParse()

+    case VIR_ARCH_ALPHA:
+    case VIR_ARCH_PPC:
+    case VIR_ARCH_PPC64:
+    case VIR_ARCH_PPCEMB:
+    case VIR_ARCH_SH4:
+    case VIR_ARCH_SH4EB:
+        addPCIRoot = true;
+        break;
+    default:
+        break;

  I smell a case for s390 is needed somehow.

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/