[libvirt] [libvirt-users] Please remove pm-utils dep from libvirt-clients

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:36:22 UTC 2013

On 5 August 2013 15:14, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I'd rather see libvirt dependent on pm-utils than dbus.

pm-utils is going to be retired for F20, so that's not really an
option long term.

>> org.freedesktop.UPower.HibernateAllowed()
>> org.freedesktop.UPower.SuspendAllowed()

Allowed means "Is the user allowed to do this" rather than "Is the
system capable of this action".

> Seem that the org.freedesktop.login1 APIs are provided by systemd.
> Since we need to work on non-systemd distros too,at the very least
> we'll have to keep code to fallback to using  pm-utils on those
> distros.

Right, you can do that if you want, but on Fedora this isn't going to
work in the future. UPower could ship a /usr/bin/pm-is-supported
helper, but I'd rather not duplicate functionality available
elsewhere.

Richard.