[libvirt] [libvirt-users] virsh "cpu-stats" not working !!!

SHREE DUTH AWASTHI shreeduth.awasthi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:16:38 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your valuable time and comments.

>> Are you sure cpuacct was mounted prior to libvirtd starting?
Yes, we are mounting cpuacct before starting the libvirtd daemon.

>> Libvirt won't mount cgroups;
Yes, Agree.
>>it only uses what was mounted at the time it was started.
But we are mounting it well before it is started.

We are facing the issue only while executing the "cpu-stats <domain name>"
command.

One more observation is that : While starting the domain, we are observing
the below error.

"2013-08-22 12:45:44.326+0000: 17554: warning : qemuSetupCgroupForVcpu:953
: Unable to get vcpus' pids."

 This may be the root cause of  virsh cpu-stats not working. ( seems to be
because of CPU pinning issue )

Because of this the VCPU directories are not created for the corresponding
domain in "/dev/cgroup_<controller>/machine/<domain>.libvirt-qemu/" and
hence the "cpu-stats" command is not working.
Please let us know your view on this.

We  have collected the debug logs, please find the attachment for the same..

Thanks and Regards,
Shree Duth Awasthi.