[libvirt] Information needed regarding libvirt error

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 06:06:37 UTC 2013

[cc'ing libvir-list]

On 08/26/2013 05:59 PM, arun abhinay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please consider this is an gentle reminder for my below request.
>
> Thanks
> Abhinay
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM, arun abhinay <arun.abhinay at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Martin/Peter,

Hi,

firstly, feel free to write to the list, not just particular people.
There are many more people on the list that may help you.  Not
mentioning that those people you write might not be available, don't
have time etc.

There was a similar question to the one you've asked, you could have
checked that out before as well and reply on it.  There's also a patch
fixing cpu-stats command, check it that helps.

>> In reference to
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.libvirt/62451
>>
>> We have created a VM on a qemu-kvm emulator using the domain.xml as
>> mentioned in attachment. The starting of the VM is sucessful but we are
>> facing issue while executing the command "cpu-stats <domain>".  While
>> analysis we found below below log in libvirtd.log
>>
>> 2013-08-22 12:45:44.326+0000: 17554: warning : qemuSetupCgroupForVcpu:953
>> : Unable to get vcpus' pids

This basically means that you have old qemu that doesn't support (I'm
guesing the command now) "query-vcpus" QMP command.  The problem
probably lies somewhere else, even though my change might have caused
the other part to behave differently.

>> The complete logs while starting VM and while executing the "cpu-stats"
>> command are attached with this mail for reference. Can you please check and
>> provide us some inputs or pointers to get "cpu-stats" command working.
>>
>> I am new to using libvirt. Your inputs would be of great help to us.
>>
>> Libvrit and qemu-kvm verisons used are mentioned below
>> libvirt-1.0.6-1
>> qemu-kvm-0.14.1-1
>>
>> <<CLA_new-0.xml >> --> Domain.xml used to define VM
>> << libvirt_testing_starting_VG.log >>  --> Log while staring VM
>> <<libvirt_testing_cpu_stats.log >>  ---> Log while executing command
>> cpu_stats.

According to the logs, it looks like it's completely the same like a
question already asked...  Wanting to post the link here, I've found
that even the machine name is the same, so it shouldn't be a problem for
you to find it.

I'm looking  at the issue now, so I'll see what I can do, but maybe in
the meantime sombody else will reply.

Martin