[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] pvpanic plans?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 08:42:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 01:25:32PM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> I believe that the watchdogs we emulate today are not supported by a
> majority of guests.

BTW this is not true.  The two watchdog devices are supported
by all Linux guests.

Windows guests do not support them, but Windows lacks[1] any sort of
watchdog framework so lack of device support is the least of your
problems.  There would be nothing for the device to plug into (unlike
the /dev/watchdog API on Linux), nor is there any daemon to support it
(unlike the 15 year old watchdog daemon on Linux).

Rich.

[1] Yes, this exists:
but it requires a special version of Windows.