[libvirt] Information needed regarding libvirt error

arun abhinay arun.abhinay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:08:21 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I have already posted this query to libvirt list.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2013-August/msg00114.html

>>Wanting to post the link here, I've found
>>that even the machine name is the same, so it shouldn't be a problem for
>>you to find it.

Were you talking of the same link which is mentioned above.

Since the change of converting it from error to warning was done by you, i
have mailed a seperate query to you.  Yes we will make sure that such
queries are addresed to libvirt user list from next time.

>>This basically means that you have old qemu that doesn't support (I'm
>>guesing the command now) "query-vcpus" QMP command.

I have got below information from the file "qapi-schema.json" in qemu code.
##
# @query-cpus:
#
# Returns a list of information about each virtual CPU.
#
# Returns: a list of @CpuInfo for each virtual CPU
#
# Since: 0.14.0
##
{ 'command': 'query-cpus', 'returns': ['CpuInfo'] }
##

We were ealier using libvirt-1.0.2 and qemu-kvm-0.14.1-1, and the
"cpu-stats" command was working fine. We are facing this issue after
upgrading the libvirt version to 1.0.6.  But anyways it can be a problem
with old qemu version. We are trying to compile the new libvirt 1.0.6 with
qemu-1.6.0 but we are facing some  compiling issues because of
depedencies between latest qemu code with glib.

Please let us know your comments. Thanks in advance.

BR
Abhinay