[libvirt] FreeBSD, no gcc present libvirt build issue

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 15:43:11 UTC 2013

On 08/29/2013 09:35 AM, Jason Helfman wrote:

>> stdlib.h:#define        RAND_MAX        0x7fffffff

Good.

>> -jgh
>>

> And on our current head release (10) it is this:
>
> #define RAND_MAX        0x7ffffffd

Huh?  Why is this not 2**n-1?  That violates assumptions we have made,
and is WHY your compile failed.  It has nothing to do with clang vs. gcc
(both compilers would fail), it has to do with your changed system
header resulting in violating assumptions that hold in ALL OTHER
IMPLEMENTATIONS, that random numbers are evenly distributed within a
range of a power of 2.