[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.2

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 17:13:02 UTC 2013

[dropping libvirt-announce - aren't we setting reply-to on our
announcements, so that replies are directed only to side lists?]

On 08/28/2013 12:02 PM, Justin Clift wrote:

> Passes a compile test on OSX 10.7. ;)
>
> + Justin

So, what's different between your two OSX installations that it passes
for one but not the other?

Also, I will point out that at least on my FreeBSD VM setup, rpcgen
generates code that triggers a gcc aliasing warning, and thus fails
during development (where -Werror is default) but where the tarball is
marginally okay (because there -Werror is off so the warning just
scrolls by).  We really ought to figure out why different flavors of
rpcgen are generating these problems, and whether we can enhance our
src/rpc/genprotocol.pl to paper over the problems, or even decide to
write the RPC code generation ourselves rather than relying on rpcgen.
But I don't know that it will get done in time for 1.1.2; it is more of
a long-standing "always been that way", and not a regression new to this
release.