[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.1.2

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Sat Aug 31 03:13:34 UTC 2013

On 08/30/2013 11:51 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 08/28/2013 10:25 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>   I am a day late but I finally tagged the release candidate 1
>> of 1.1.2 in git and push the tarball and rpms to the usual place:
>>
>>   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>>
>>  so the plan is to have an rc2 candidate on friday and if everything
>> looks good push the final release 1.1.2 on Monday.
>>
>>   Please give it a try especially for potential portability issues,
>>
>>    thanks in advance !
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Running ./autobuild.sh (which does a cross-compiling to mingw from
> Linux) fails to build the mingw rpm with this message:

> Why are we even building a virt-login-shell.exe?  virt-login-shell only
> makes sense for LXC, which is a Linux-only concept.  virtlockd may make
> sense on mingw, so I'm not sure what needs to be done there, but it
> would be nice to get this fixed up before 1.1.2 goes out the door.

Solved; ./autobuild.sh on the latest master now runs to successful
completion, including cross-compilation to mingw.

There's still a report of mingw not building with winpthreads that I
have not had a chance to investigate; I'm still in the process of
tweaking my rawhide VM to test that, but ran out of time today.  If it
misses 1.1.2, it won't be the end of the world (we can always backport
the patch when building the actual mingw-libvirt rpm if it misses this
release).

So from my end, I don't know of any release show-stoppers.