[libvirt] Glusterfs Libvirt issue

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 19:51:44 UTC 2013

On 12/10/2013 10:34 PM, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create glusterfs pool with libvirt but its working, and
> following is the error
>
> *libvirt_storagepool_define_xml(): internal error unknown storage pool type
> gluster*

What version of libvirt?  If older than 1.2.0, upgrade (gluster pool was
added only in 1.2.0); if it is 1.2.0, then figure out why your build was
not configured to link against libgfapi (if you self-built, use
--with-storage-gluster=yes; if it is a distro build, complain to the
distro packagers).

[Oh phooey - I just noticed that 'virsh --version=long' doesn't give any
hints about whether gluster support was compiled in.  Looks like I have
a patch coming up to fix that - although not including that information
doesn't impact anything except easier diagnosis of whether it was
compiled in]