[libvirt] libvirt glusterfs problem

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 19:39:32 UTC 2013

On 12/13/2013 12:33 PM, Umar Draz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running libvirt 1.2.0 on ubuntu. The main purpose of this libvirt
> 1.2.0 is for glusterfs, now I can define glusterfs storage pool using virsh
> command, but when I tried to create the volume under the gluster storage
> pool, I got error.
>
> error: Failed to create vol from tt.xml
> error: this function is not supported by the connection driver: storage
> pool does not support volume creation.

Correct; this part hasn't been implemented yet.  For now, you have to
create volumes outside of libvirt, and libvirt's gluster pool is a
read-only view of what already exists.

Would you like to help write the patches to implement more libvirt
control over the gluster pool?

> But according to this url http://libvirt.org/storage.html
>
> we can create the volume.

That URL says that not all pools support all operations.  What would be
really nice is a page like http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html, except
that it would display storage backends vs. supported storage pool
operations by version.