[libvirt] Implementation deficiency in virInitctlSetRunLevel

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 22:03:47 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 02:06 PM, Reco wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:42:25 -0700
> Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> git send-email --in-reply-to='messageid at example.com'
>>
>> for the correct value of messageid.  But generally posting a new thread
>> is better than threading your v2 to your v1 anyways, as top-level
>> threads are easier to spot than a patch nested deep in reply to another
>> message.
>
> Thanks. Should I resend the patch the proper way again?
>
> Reco

We also prefer that patches have authorship attributed to a legal name,
rather than a nickname.  But rather than resend your patch, I think we
should pay attention to Dan's advice - that any solution we come up with
that doesn't involve forking a child process, then resetting that child
into the correct namespace, is prone to races and therefore does not
solve the problem at hand (namely, that symlinks created in the guest
namespace must NOT be followed in the parent in host namespace).