[libvirt] [libvirt-users] Host information from libvirt KVM/Xen

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 13:47:18 UTC 2013

[no need to mail both libvir-list and libvirt-users; the former is more
for development efforts, and since this is a usage question, it is
sufficient to mail just libvirt-users]

On 02/13/2013 12:50 AM, Parakkal, Navin S wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm able to get the CPU utilization metrics from libvirt for the guests (VM's) remotely . Is it possible to get the Host Cpu stat's through libvirt ?
>    I didn't find any information regarding the host cpu cycles and memory utilization to collect them remotely. Libvirt is installed on all the hosts.

You want to use the virNodeGetCPUStats() and virNodeGetMemoryStats()
APIs.  In virsh, these are wrapped under 'nodecpustats' and 'nodememstats'.