[libvirt] Libvirt java build problems

Claudio Bley cbley at av-test.de
Fri Feb 22 16:02:33 UTC 2013

At Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:43:58 +0000,
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 04:34:19PM +0100, Claudio Bley wrote:
> > At Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:20:03 +0000,
> > Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > >
> > You're using JNA >= 3.5.0, right?
>
> Yep, that's what F19 rawhide has got now.
>
> > See commit 307ba7a1974bf7fdd920b85c73015887873a4502
> >
> > (http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-java.git;a=commit;h=307ba7a1974bf7fdd920b85c73015887873a4502)
>
> Any timeline for the next libvirt-java release ? Otherwise we'll cherry
> pick the patch into Fedora RPMs

Not as far as I know. Besides, I think the memory leak fixes in git by
itself would justify for preparing a new release.

But, I also have some things on my to-do list which I'd like to fix
before a new release is out.

If you cherry pick 307ba7a you might also want to take 1731b72 into
consideration. It's mechanical and has the advantage of not creating
temporary objects on every struct instantiation.

Claudio
--
AV-Test GmbH, Henricistraße 20, 04155 Leipzig, Germany
Phone: +49 341 265 310 19

Eingetragen am / Registered at: Amtsgericht Stendal (HRB 114076)
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Andreas Marx, Guido Habicht, Maik Morgenstern