[libvirt] libvirt support for LXC

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 15:19:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 03:51:52PM +0530, Kunal Kushwaha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this community and am not much aware of current status libvirt
> work for LXC.
>
> Currently I am evaluating LXC with libvirt.
> and I found still many features like checkpoint/restore/live migration ,

Checkpoint/restore/migration is something we'd have to delegate to
the CRIU code (http://criu.org/LXC). I'm not sure how easy that is
todo though, since CRIU code is not a nicely reusable library, it is
a set of command line tools. This will need some investigation. I
don't believe anyone is actively working on it.

> Attach storage device etc are not implemented.

I think you migth have looked at an old libvirt release. I added
support for hotplug of disks (raw file or block dev), netwok
devices & host devices (usb, block & character devices) in the
last few months

> Please feel free to comment in case, I am wrong or tested not propely the
> libvirt and marked some working feature as not working for LXC.

You seem to have sent HTML to this list, which does not render at all
nicely

> Command Name
>
> Description (brief)
>
> Status (working or not)
>
> 01
>
> autostart
>
> Enable and disable the automatic starting of a guest domain when the
> libvirt daemon starts.
>

> 02
>
> Console
>
> connect to the virtual serial console for the guest.
>

> 03
>
> create
>
> creates a guest domain from an xml file # does not work. gives error.

Can you resend this list in a format that is more readable in plain text
only.