[libvirt] building libvirt 1.0.2 without quite a few features - undefined reference to `curl_global_init'

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 20:54:12 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 14:37:40 -0600, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> FWIW, I keep the patchset that I push into Gentoo now in a bit
> friendlier place to access:
>
> http://git.cardoe.com/?p=libvirt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/v1.0.2-maint
>
> Due to Gentoo "supporting" each release of libvirt, we'll have a
> stable branch for every release that others are welcome to follow or
> look at or make suggestions to include.

Doug, any reason for not having them in upstream libvirt git? We already
have maint branches for some releases, which happen to be the releases
present in Fedora and the main reason for that is the people maintaining
them are mostly interested in Fedora. But we encourage others that are
interested in having maint branches for other releases to do so. And the
nice thing about it is, that if an ugly bug that has been present in
libvirt for a long time may be fixed in all maint branches at once even
by people who are really interested in just some of them.

Jirka