[libvirt] building libvirt 1.0.2 without quite a few features - undefined reference to `curl_global_init'

Thierry Parmentelat thierry.parmentelat at inria.fr
Thu Feb 21 08:00:04 UTC 2013

Hi all

I have 2 additional suggestions for a smoother build with 1.0.2

* I applied this change in my specfile:
http://git.onelab.eu/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=184bc19ce855e1498f6775b711ea3d37808cd45c
otherwise like I reported already, I end up with a plain libvirt rpm that requires libvirt-daemon-driver-interface that the build does not produce

* this patch here
http://git.onelab.eu/?p=libvirt.git;a=blob;f=libcurl-daemon.patch;h=a13198e7e65780b29e8b0dc4b497b4ade7614855;hb=2dbdf0bfe8ce97f475b7fe10d14b75c6fd475552
was required on f18 for me as well (this is similar to a change in src/Makefile.am that you guys had pointed me to in the first place)
for that to kick in I also had to add 'autoreconf' before %configure in the specfile
(I haven't tested with just he autoreconf, that might have been enough ?)

IMHO I feel like this would make sense in mainstream, although I would not go as far as to claim that I captured the whole subtlety of that build :-)

Thanks anyway for all the hints and help -- Thierry