[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-1.0.3

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 23:31:20 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 03:16 AM, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> Can we please revert the following commits before rc2;
>
> 24aa7f8d11054b7b2e643cf3cd5c80a199764af0 (S390: Documentation for  CCW
> address type)
> 0bbbd42c30543d8251536c2fa11166834c886ada (S390: domain_conf support for
> CCW)
>
> this is for two reasons:
> 1. They don't make sense without the rest of the series which is still
> pending review (and probably needs a rebase meanwhile) and the result
> already shows up on libvirt.org
> 2. I received feedback from someone more platform-savvy than I am, that
> one of the XML attribute names (schid) is misleading

Yes, avoiding the trap of releasing XML early, only to force ourselves
into supporting that design forever, seems like a reasonable reason to
revert while waiting for the more complete design to get a thorough review.

> Reverting gives me the opportunity to provide a new series on top of
> 1.0.3 which can be hopefully applied in time for the next release.

Thanks for bringing up the question; I've reverted those patches as
requested.  It also lends a bit more weight to the question about DHCP
<option>, which is another XML addition where we are not sure if the
final design is ready for 1.0.3.