[libvirt] Compile libvirt V1.0.1 error

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:14:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> What a waste of resources - that forks a shell to do an echo every time
> that you use ${JVM_DIR}.  Much simpler to write as:
>
> JVM_DIR=${JAVA_HOME}

I am not familiar with automake so i just use shell to finish this job.
I will test the way, 'JVM_DIR=${JAVA_HOME}', you said above.

> I'm still not even sure why you need ${JVM_DIR}, and can't just use
> ${JAVA_HOME} directly, nor why you are trying to add pieces of Java into
> libvirt (libvirt itself is written in C, not Java, for a reason).

HLFS is HDFS-based Log-Structured File System in user space.
We call some interfaces from HDFS(libhdfs.so) which is written
by JAVA. See http://code.google.com/p/cloudxy/wiki/WHAT_IS_CLOUDXY
for details ;-)

>I guess I'll just have to wait until I see a patch to understand what this
> is all about.  Good luck.

We will submit HLFS driver patches to Libvirt community. Actually, before
submitting HLFS driver patches to Libvirt community, we have to sumbit
HLFS driver patches to QEMU community. I split our HLFS driver patches
into two pieces which one is for Online storage stuffs and the other one is
for Offline storage stuffs.

Online patches:
http://cloudxy.googlecode.com/svn/branches/hlfs/person/harry/hlfs/patches/hlfs_driver_for_libvirt_network_disk.patch

Offline patches:
http://cloudxy.googlecode.com/svn/branches/hlfs/person/harry/hlfs/patches/hlfs_driver_for_libvirt_offline_storage.patch

Eric, could you please give me some suggestions about merging
our HLFS patches into Libvirt community. Thanks in advance ;-)

--
Thanks
Harry Wei