[libvirt] VG backed storage pool start behavior.

Luke Varnadore luke.varnadore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:35:13 UTC 2013

This was the change that moved the lvm tools:

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/lvm2&id=a54404dbc41bdf5a9dc60ac754311297938c0a4d

I wouldn't know if libvirt needed to be changed to support finding them
when configuring, but that sounds like it should happen if it isn't.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/20/2013 09:40 AM, Luke Varnadore wrote:
> > It was a distro specific issue. Arch Linux has the lvm tools in /usr/sbin
> > instead of /sbin. I made links for lvs, vgs, and vgchange and the issue
> > cleared up. Reported a bug for the package.
>
> Is it also a case of upstream libvirt having a bug for not checking at
> configure time for the preferred location of these tools, but just using
> a hard-coded location for them?
>
> --
> Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266

Luke W Varnadore
727.697.7865