[libvirt] It's said 'when the guest has PCI passthrough devices in use, operations like migration/save/restore are not possible.' where are the corresponding codes in xen? '

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 22:44:30 UTC 2013

On 12/25/2012 07:06 AM, bobooscar wrote:
> It's said 'when the guest has PCI passthrough devices in use, operations like migration/save/restore are not possible.' where are the corresponding codes in xen?  I'm wondering how xend/xenlight tells whether a guest has a pci passthu device in use or not.
>       thank you in advance!

In the case of qemu, the prohibition on migrating a passthrough device
is enforced by qemu; all libvirt can do is repeat those same checks if
it will give a nicer error message rather than waiting for qemu to issue
the final determination on whether it makes sense.  I'm not sure how xen
prevents passthrough migration, but given how it is done in qemu, you
may have to look through the xen source code instead of asking how
libvirt does it.