[libvirt] API to upgrade read-only connection

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Jan 10 01:12:18 UTC 2013

Hi,
  Once again, I'll be lazy and just copy&paste an IRC conversation but
please don't hesitate to ask if something needs clarification:

<zeenix> am i missing something or there is no way to 'upgrade' a
read-only connection to a normal one?
<eblake_out> zeenix: looks like you have to create a new connection if
you want new privileges
<eblake_out> although you may want to float it by the list to see if a
new API for upgrading an existing connection makes sense
<eblake_out> especially in light of danpb's work-in-progress on adding
fine-grained ACLs
<zeenix> ah ok
<zeenix> eblake_out: we'd like to connect to system libvirt as well by
default in boxes
<zeenix> but would be nice to avoid the polkit dialog until we really
need full-access

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124