[libvirt] Slow libvirtd startup

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Jan 10 15:21:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Michal Privoznik <mprivozn at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10.01.2013 14:53, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

>>> You can try turning debug logs on and hopefully it will let more light
>>> in. To turn them on:
>>>
>>> $ cat ~/.config/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
>>> log_level=1
>>> log_outputs="1:file:/tmp/libvirtd.log"
>>>
>>> Moreover, if you could upload them somewhere then so we all can take a look.
>>
>> Here you go :)
>>
>> http://static.fi/~zeenix/tmp/libvirtd-session-zeenix.log
>>

> Yeah, Daniel was right; It's because we are querying capabilities:
>
> http://pastebin.com/FA6HWYrS
>
> You have too much qemus there :) Libvirt spent ~7 seconds there.

Yeah, capabilities query has always been slow on my machine at least.
I think I've even a bug against libvirt for that. I'll see qemu
packages allow me to remove the qemus i don't need as workaround in
the meantime.. Should i file a bug about this btw or whining on list
is enough? :)

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124