[libvirt] [RFC] Data in the <topology> element in the capabilities XML

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 23:08:17 UTC 2013

On 01/17/13 17:56, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 05:14:30PM +0100, Peter Krempa wrote:
>> On 01/17/13 16:43, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>> VDSM uses the <topology> element (subelement of cpu) in the
>> capabilities and multiplies the numbers by the number of numa nodes.
>> As the data there is taken from nodeinfo, this breaks on some
>> systems.
>
> If it is merely looking at the current CPU <topology> then I see
> no reason why we can't make enough information available in the
> NUMA <topology> to let it do the right thing on all systems.

We definitely can. I'm not against it, I just think it's a pretty heavy
hammer for the problem. But as long as it provides reasonable data I
don't care.

The thing I care about is providing reasonable data so that the AMD
Bulldozer CPU can be detected in either way depending on the choice of
the management app.