[libvirt] qemu kvm-pit device arg missing?

Doug Goldstein cardoe at gentoo.org
Sun Jan 27 03:43:39 UTC 2013

With a domain defined with the following:

  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
  </clock>

The following define is set: VIR_DOMAIN_TIMER_TICKPOLICY_DELAY for
VIR_DOMAIN_TIMER_NAME_PIT. And VIR_DOMAIN_TIMER_TICKPOLICY_CATCHUP for
VIR_DOMAIN_TIMER_NAME_RTC.

I see where for the RTC we'll set -rtc,driftfix=slew (well
-rtc,base=X,driftfix=slew) or -rtc-td-hack for older qemu's. But for
the kvm-pit, we pass with qemu{,-kvm} 1.1 and lower
-no-kvm-pit-reinjection but with qemu{,-kvm} 1.2 the
QEMU_CAPS_NO_KVM_PIT is not set, nor detected via QMP so nothing is
ever passed. I even looked through the QMP commands passed once the
process is started and there doesn't seem to be anything passed. I was
expecting with qemu{,-kvm} 1.2 and newer to see -device
kvm-pit,lost_tick_policy=discard appear on the command line but
didn't.

Am I missing something? Or is this command line argument not necessary
any longer?

--
Doug Goldstein