[libvirt] [Sheepdog][Libvirt]How should i test sheepdog in libvirt

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:43:00 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> At Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:46:15 +0800,
> harryxiyou wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM, harryxiyou <harryxiyou at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
>> > <morita.kazutaka at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >>

>> Actually, i do not wanna start a VM. I just wanna test if 'virsh' can
>> create/destroy a Sheepdog volume. The logical relationships are
>> like this(parameters are sent):
>> virsh --> libvirt client --> libvirt server --> qemu
>> How should i use 'virsh' command create/destroy a Sheepdog volume?
>
> You can create a pool based on Sheepdog with
>  $ virsh pool-create pool.xml
> and create a shepdog volume with
>  $ virsh vol-create vol.xml
>
> Example XML descriptions are available on the libvirt documentation
> page:
>   http://libvirt.org/storage.html#StorageBackendSheepdog
>
> See also 'virsh help'.

I also have two questions.

1, Before create Sheepdog volume by virsh command, i must build Sheepdog
and libvirt environment, right?

2, There are all the commit logs of Sheepdog, which can be found here.
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=sheepdog
Therefore, i cannot catch the changes you made in the latest Libvirt git tree.
The patch you made for Libvirt at 2010-12-09, which was merged by Eric Blake.
Shoud i download Eric Blake's git tree? But where is Eric Blake's git tree?
Morita, could you please tell me how i can get your patch's git tree?
Your patch can be found here.
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commitdiff;h=036ad5052b43fe9f0d197e89fd16715950408e1d

Thanks for your help very much ;-)

--